What are you serving this Thanksgiving? We whipped up a classic Apple Pie with an infused twist for our table! And what makes pie even better? Weed of course! Recipe details below. Enjoy!
- ½ cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- Pie crusts
PIE CRUST INGREDIENTS
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (150 grams)
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 10 tablespoons canna-butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 2 to 4 tablespoons ice water, as needed
PIE CRUST PREPARATION
- In a food processor, pulse together the flour and salt.
- Add butter and pulse until the mixture forms lima bean-size pieces. Slowly add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse until the dough just comes together. It should be moist, but not wet.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gather into a ball. Flatten into a disk with the heel of your hand. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Whisk together sugar, flour and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add apples and mix with a large spoon until apples are evenly coated.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 dough until it is about 1/8 inch thick. Carefully lift the dough and fit it into the prepared pan, letting about 1 inch hang over the sides. Fill the pie shell with the apple filling.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the second disc of dough until it is about 1/8 inch thick and cut out eight 1-inch strips. Lay four strips horizontally on top of the filling, leaving about 1/2 to 3/4 inch between strips.
- Lay the remaining four strips diagonally over the first four strips, creating a diamond-like shape between strips. Fold the overhanging dough over the edges of the lattice top.
- Crimp the dough between your two index fingers to make a decorative border
- Sprinkle top crust with sugar for an extra sweet and crisp top. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until the crust is nicely browned.